Becoming a volunteer is easy. Click Signup/Registration on the menu to the left to create a free volunteer account with the Volunteer Louisiana Commission. It doesn't cost anything and your information will be kept private and secure. A few things to note before creating your account:
- You password must be at least eight characters.
- You must enter your birthdate in DD/MM/YYYY format.
- The email address you enter will be your username to login in the future.
- If during the registration you receive a message that your email address is already in use, then click on the LOGIN button at the top right of the page, and enter your email address. If you do not know the password for your account, then click "Forgot Password" and password reset instructions will be emailed to you.
Volunteer Registration Allows You To:
- Search and Register for Volunteer Opportunities.
- Stay up to date on volunteer opportunities and service events in your area.
- Record and Track your service including: Hours and Organizations served.
- Create and manage Volunteer Teams.
- Research and Contract Organizations who serve the causes that interest you.
Visit our Resource page to view videos on how to register and manage your account, search and signup for volunteer opportunities, and create and manage volunteer teams. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact Volunteer Louisiana at LAServe@crt.la.gov or call (225) 342-6289.
After creating your account, signing up for volunteer
opportunities is easy:
Click on "Find an Opportunity" - located in the blue menu above left - to search opportunities or browse our Opportunity Calendar. Once you find a project that you'd like to participate in, click on "Sign Up" or "Express Interest" located at the bottom of the opportunity description.
If you choose a "Sign Up" opportunity, you can sign up directly for that project. You will receive a confirmation email with directions and any other special instructions. If you have questions about the project, you can send an email to the Opportunity Leader listed at the bottom of the project description. If it is an "Express Interest" opportunity, the host organization will contact you directly with further information about the volunteer opportunity. You will also receive an email with contact information for the organization so that you can follow up with them if you do not get a response.